Sunday, August 5, 2007

My New World

Hi! My name is Morgan James, and welcome to my world! I came to this world on 7/2/07 weighing a whopping 9lbs and I was 20.5 inches long!! Mom said that I was supposed to come visit on 6/26, but I chose 7/2 instead. I didn't like the idea of being born in June, I liked the thought of July better....Grandpa Herrick was born 7/14, and my 2nd cousin Matt was born 7/10. They are both cool, and I thought that if I made my appearnce on 7/2, that I'd be cool like them, but had I known I was making mommy uncomfortable, I would have come sooner.

Now that I am a month old, I thought I'd go back to the last month or so, and show you what I've been up to!

First off, this is what I looked like before I came to this world. Okay, so it is really a pic of mommy, but I'm in that big belly of hers! I think that was 2 weeks before I came to this world, so I think she got even bigger (I'm sorry Mom!!)

On, 7/2/07 at 9:10am, I decided to make my appearance. Mom said she had to push me out of her belly which was a pain, but she doesn't know what kind of experience it was for me. Goodness, it was pretty traumatic!! Here is a picture of me after I came out, and after the nice nurses gave me a bath. Actually it is a picture that Dad took of me, close up, once he held me for the first time. Dad said I totally spazed out on him, but hey, I was only a few minutes old and I saw a bright light!! (Mommy and Daddy think I look like one of the alien guys in the movie Caccoon!)

Here is a picture of me right afterwards with Mommy and Daddy. Mommy doesn't look to pretty here, but it's our first family portrait

Thanks to Aunty Maureen, here is another family picture at the hospital, after Mommy got to freshen up a bit. Daddy looks exhausted, but why?? He didn't have to carry me for 9 months, nor did he have to push me out! Oh wait, from what Daddy said, he had to deal with Mommy for 9 months!! Beyond the obvious exhaustion on their faces....aren't we cute? Mommy and Daddy took me to my new home on the night of 7/3, and my first real day home was the 4th of July. Here is a pic of me on one of my first real days home....I don't recall much, I just remember sleeping a lot. Goodness, I was small a month ago!

Mommy took this picture of me on the couch, and she thinks I look like a turtle in my green striped shirt. Aren't I cute??

Here I am with Daddy, getting my first sponge bath. I hated it!!! :( I cried my eyes out (sniff sniff).

Once my umbilicle cord fell off, Mommy and Daddy could give me a real bath. I love baths, they remind me of being in Mommy's tummy....like being in a hot tub. It is very relaxing.

So, tell me, when you look at this next picture, does it make you yawn?? Mommy tells me that each time she looks at this picture of me, she can't help but yawn. HA HA. She's funny! :)

One evening a few weeks ago, Mommy and Daddy took me to the Sonoma County Fair, and we met up with Uncle Scott and Aunty Maureen. Mommy dressed me up in the cutest sweatsuit ever. Mommy said that Daddy's Uncle Kevin and Aunt Jean sent me the outfit as a gift. They are so nice....and I'd thank them if I could talk!! :)

Here is another family picture while we were at the fair. Too bad I'm sleeping, but we look cute...even though Daddy is making a funky face. Mommy says he does that in most pictures! He's funny! Hey, did you see the cool Blue Frog on top of my wheels?? Daddy won that for me when he Whacked some Moles! He actually won twice and even won a cool Green Snake, but it didn't make the picture. Daddy is pretty good at those games. He'll have to teach me how to play them when I get older.

Several days ago, mommy took this scary picture of me. It looks like my head fell off!!!!! When I fall asleep in my swing, I always feel comfy with my head to the side, but I didn't know I looked like this...this is scary!!!!

Well, that's about it for now. Mommy will be taking more pics of me in the near future, so I can post them on here for you, but till then, I'm off to sleep for the night, and to wake up Mommy and Daddy multiple times! OOH What Fun!!! I love to see them squirm when they are half asleep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a happy surprise when I revved up my computer yesterday morning just checking before going to church if I had heard from Alicia, my friend at Adventure Christian Church.

.....nothing from Alicia, BUT
there was my little GREAT-GRANDSON with all the fantastic photos and comments about his new life!
What a thrill!!

Today is Monday, so I have made a copy of the whole blog on photo paper, so now I have the latest on little Morgan James Inciardi and I can look at the photos and enjoy!

Will be making a trip to see you soon. Great Grandma Morgan

Unknown said...

Morgan - we really love your blog. You are one adorable baby. It's nice to be able to watch you grow!

Coach

Tami said...

ACK! It did make me yawn!!